Household trash should be put in the dumpster behind the building. An extra charge applies for the disposal of special items such as furniture, TVS and mattresses. Notify management staff if you are disposing of any special items. Also notify staff if you notice that the dumpster is overfull. Please do not put cardboard in the dumpster--it should be recycled.
Christmas Trees should be taken to your local compost sight. http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/rt/yard_waste_collection_sites.htm
Please remember that the sinks and pipes in our buildings are old and can only handle liquids. Make sure to dispose of the following items in your trash can, not in a toilet, sink, or tub:
- All food scraps (no matter how small)
- Grease and cooking oil (wipe with paper towels and throw in trash)
- Paper towels, Kleenex, and other common trash items
- Tampons (even if they say flush-able they should still be thrown in the trash)
- Cat litter (even if it says flush-able)
- Clumps of hair
- Razor blades (keep small items away from tub/sink drains and the toilet so they don’t fall in)
In Saint Paul, you can recycle glass, aluminum, plastic bottles, paper, and cardboard. All cardboard boxes have to be broken down to a size 3 feet by 3 feet or smaller and flattened before going into the recycling bin or folded right next to it. Be sure to remove any styrofoam inside cardboard boxes and throw that in the dumpster as it cannot be recycled. Only put materials in the recycling bin that are indicated on the bin’s label. The recycling bins are located next to the trash dumpsters.
Hazardous Waste should not be put into the dumpster; please dispose of it properly. There is more information regarding hazardous waste disposal online at: http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/hw/.