When purchasing an air conditioner:
- Only 5,000-8,000 btu window units are allowed. The wiring in the buildings cannot support larger units.
- Newer, energy efficient models should be purchased to reduce the chance of tripping circuits in the apartment.
When installing an air conditioner:
- Place wood underneath it on the inside and outside to support it so it does not damage the window frame.
- Tilt it downward toward the outdoors, so the water from it drains outside.
- Do not drill into the window or window frame. You will be charged if you damage the window.
- If you are unsure of how to install it, submit a maintenance request.
- A/Cs should only be installed from May 15th to October 1st. There is a $50 fee if they are in before May 15th or not removed by October 1st.
- When you remove your AC in the fall, please save any wood and window supports for next season.