Live Green Apartments is active in the St. Paul community, with owners and employees participating in many local organizations. There are several great nonprofits and community organizations for Saint Paul residents to get involved with, right in the neighborhood.
Here are some of the organizations our staff has participated in: Grand Avenue Businesses Association (GABA), For Recycling on Grand (FROG), Minnesota Multi-Housing Association (MHA), DoitGreen.org, Metro Transit Adopt-A-Shelter, American Cancer Society Daffodil Days, Feed My Starving Children (FMSC), Children’s Hospital, Living Green Expo, Minnesota Renewable Energy Society (MRES), Open Cities Health Center (OCHC), Saint Paul Association of Responsible Landlords (SPARL), and Mac-Grove & Summit Hill Neighborhood Associations.
Here is some of the recognition our staff has received: City of Saint Paul – Sustainable Award Winner and Neighborhood Honor Roll, Grand Avenue Business Association – Doc Chopp Award, League of American Bicyclists – Bicycle Friendly Business Honorable Mention, Open Cities Health Center – Appreciation Certificate, Metro Transit – Commuter Choice Award, Summit Hill Association – Good Neighbor Award, and Saint Paul City Council – Appreciation Resolution.
Live Green Apartments is a St. Paul-based real estate management company that has been in business since 1967. William Skally and his wife Sharie started their property management journey by purchasing a triplex in St. Paul, and shortly thereafter, an apartment building on Grand Avenue. Their children, Michelle, Amy, Rebecca and Chad, were involved in the business from an early age, along with William’s second wife, Terry. When William retired in 2005, Chad and Rebecca, along with their spouses, Shannon and John, took over the business. In 2007, Amy also joined the business. Currently, the family manages several buildings in Saint Paul, including the original one that William purchased on Grand Avenue over 40 years ago.
Our historic buildings are located throughout St. Paul and provide our residents with comfortable, well-maintained apartments.
Our top priorities include:
- maintaining clean, safe and secure buildings
- keeping our business family-owned and -operated, with the decision to avoid commercialization
- treating our properties as “home” rather than “business”
- protecting the environment by using eco-management strategies (promote recycling, plant native plants, purchase wind energy, utilize solar energy for hot water)
- consistently identifying new eco-management practices
We take pride in the fact that we are active members of the St. Paul community, with owners and employees participating in many local neighborhood and business organizations.
- “It’s a sunny beautiful apartment and I’ve been very happy up there.” -Resident of 622 Grand, 11/15/18
- “This was a great apartment, and I couldn’t have been happier with the location for the past 5+ years.” -Resident of 2124 Como, 9/26/18
- “It’s been lovely living on Cathedral Hill for 6 years.” -Resident of 194 Summit, 9/13/18
- “We have enjoyed our time here.” -Residents of 300 Dayton, 9/8/18
- “I’m so impressed with how the building has been maintained! It’s so nice.” -Resident of 300 Dayton, 9/5/18
- “We are just moving because I graduated from school. We are sad to leave for sure.“ -Resident of 2130 Como, 8/23/18
- “ Grand Avenue is a lovely place to live and I’ll miss it…” -Resident of 622 Grand, 7/31/18
- “Fantastic response time and customer service as always!…It’s been a JOY living at Live Green, and I’m actually pretty sad to be leaving.” -Resident of 194 Summit, 5/17/18
- “Thank you so much! It was a pleasure renting from Skally.” -Resident of 657 Grand, 5/17/18
- “This was my favorite apartment I have lived in. The management was to the point and not bothersome. And you cannot beat this location.” -Resident of 194 Summit, 4/3/18
- “Live Green is really the best!” -Resident of 300 Dayton, 3/14/18
- “I have very much enjoyed my time in the apartment and will be sad to go, such great management, location, space, etc” -Resident of 194 Summit, 3/13/18
- “I will definitely miss being a part of the Live Green family.” -Resident of 241 Brimhall, 1/9/18
- These buildings have a special feel to them that goes beyond just good upkeep.” -Resident of 2124 Como, 12/21/17
- “…you respond promptly and your follow through and timeliness is amazing! Thank you for the intention you bring to customer service and for the care you show to us as residents.” -Resident of 300 Dayton, 12/20/17
- “I had a great time living there, such a great apartment.” -Resident of 300 Dayton, 12/7/17
- “Thanks so much, we have sincerely loved living at 300 Dayton.” -Residents of 300 Dayton, 12/1/17
- “…I love the apartment and have enjoyed my time here..” -Resident of 194 Summit Avenue, 11/29/17
- “We have loved living at 657 Grand Ave and we will miss it so much.” -Residents of 657 Grand Avenue, 10/23/17
- “ I have loved every minute of living in this apartment complex over the past 7 years. Thank you for assisting with things as I’ve needed, your maintenance staff and business staff have been excellent.” -Resident of 194 Summit Avenue, 10/21/17
- “…happy to be living at 300 Dayton Ave!” -Resident of 300 Dayton Avenue, 10/6/17
- “I have truly loved living here and I am sad to go.” -Resident of 622 Grand Ave, 10/5/17
- “ l would like to pass on that, as I have gotten to know my neighbors, to a person, everyone sings your praises. People talk about how attentive management is to our concerns, prompt at responding, how well the buildings and grounds are kept up. Makes me happy to live here.” -Resident of 2124 Como Ave, 9/6/17
- “We are sad to move – we really loved our time spent here.” -Residents of 2124 Como Ave, 9/1/17