Residents often ask if live holiday trees are allowed. We do allow them, but we ask residents to use care and follow these guidelines:
- We recommend using a tarp or tree bag while moving your tree in or out of the building. Please vacuum up any needles your tree sheds in the hallways and common areas.
- You are responsible for keeping your tree watered. A dry tree is a very dangerous fire hazard.
- Make sure to use some kind of floor covering, like plastic and a towel, underneath your tree, to prevent water damage to the floor.
- If your tree has lights, please do not leave them on when you are not home.
- Trees cannot go into the trash behind the buildings. To learn where you can compost your tree for free in Ramsey County visit: http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/rt/yard_waste_collection_sites.htm