What do I do if there is a fire?

PDF
Print
E-mail

If there is a fire in the building and/or the fire alarm sounds exit the building through the front or back stairwells.

In an emergency call 911 and notify management staff.

Make sure to test your smoke detectors monthly by pressing the test button. There is at least one smoke detector in every apartment, usually located on the ceiling in or near the bedroom. If your smoke detector does not work or the low battery tone sounds replace the battery.  If it still does not work send us a maintenance request.

The majority of reported structure fires occur in residences. Nationally, the most common causes of residential fires are when food being cooked on or in the stove is left unattended. Don't leave items on the stove unattended.

Another common cause of residential fires are unattended open flames such as candles. Try not to use candles, incense sticks and other open flames that may be left unattended.

Click here for more home fire facts and safety tips.

FacebookTwitterFoursquareYelpPicasa