First Determine If It Is An Emergency
Examples of Emergencies
- drain completely blocked, backing up
- water dripping through ceiling or wall
- large pieces of plaster falling off wall or ceiling
- extremely warm refrigerator/freezer
- apt extremely warm or cold in winter (60 or below, 80 or above)
Always report these items to us by phone, immediately. Call 651-263-4080 and select the “Emergency” option.
Examples of Non-Emergencies
- clanging radiator, radiator leaking water/steam
- slow drains (do not use Drano or chemicals)
- stove not working even if all pilot lights on
- changing fluorescent light bulbs, getting a bulb out of a fixture if it’s stuck
- minor plumbing leaks, drips, running toilets
Please report these items by email anytime, or by phone on weekdays 8am to 5pm.
Who To Call
- Call our main office, 651-263-4080, and follow the prompts for emergencies.
- If we don’t answer, LEAVE a message. Leave your name, apartment address, phone number & the nature of your maintenance issue. We will call you back.
- To report fire & smoke or to report suspicious activity, ALWAYS CALL 911 FIRST. After you call 911, please call us.
- Fill out the maintenance request form.
- E-mail Management: Maintenance@LiveGreenApts.com
- Call the main office, 651-263-4080, on weekdays between 8am to 5pm.
Maintenance Handled By Residents
- Changing detector batteries. If it’s chirping (short beep every minute or so), it’s not an emergency, it just needs a new battery.
- Changing light bulbs.
- Clogged toilet. Use a plunger to unclog toilet. If a recurring issue, contact us.
- Lighting a pilot light. If you faintly smell gas, it’s probably a pilot light out. There are usually 1 or 2 pilot lights on the stove top and one in the oven broiler area. All should be lit at all times unless it’s an electrical ignition stove.
- Reporting a gas leak: If there’s an overwhelming gas odor (you can’t breathe), call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-2999.
- Reporting an electrical outage: If power is out in your whole apartment, check the hallway to see if the whole building is out. If so, call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-1999.
- If you have a small leak or drip, use a bucket or towel in the area to stop the water dripping and report to us to repair as a non-emergency item.
- Cleaning mildew that forms on your ceiling or windows from moisture build up. Use a bleach-based cleaner.
- Report cable or internet problems to your service provider.
- Blown breaker or GFCI outlet: First determine what tripped the breaker, remove that item and flip the breaker back on. Breaker boxes are located either in the laundry room, the hallway or in your apartment.
Useful Items To Keep On Hand
- chair, step ladder or step stool that allows you to reach light bulbs, CO and smoke detectors
- lighter or matches for lighting pilot lights
- toilet plunger for minor clogs
- light bulbs and batteries